Why buy new? The primary objection to a new home is that it will cost more, perhaps as much as twenty percent according to national statistics. But what price can you put on a more livable floor plan, personalization, energy efficiency, smart and healthy living with improved air quality and no surprising costs for repairs and maintenance.
Let’s be honest, Anchorage has an aging housing stock and most homeowners are trying to decide whether they should remodel or buy new. Remodeling can be expensive and return on value is usually only 50% or less.
Today’s new homes are some of the most attractive in several years with craftsman style exteriors, daring interior color blocking, custom interior trim, designer or handcrafted mirrors, kitchens with long islands and built-in pantries, nine foot high ceilings and painted garages. John Hagmeier Homes is one of Anchorage’s leading builders.
So Why Buy New?
- Watch the Progress: The foundation on your new home purchase in complete and the lumber drop takes place! Now you will receive a secret, online pass code so you can track the schedule and modification to your home. It’s an easy way to watch your new home’s progress even while you are on vacation!
- Timing: There are a variety of homes in different stages of the construction process. Buyers have opportunities to choose their interior finishes or move in at earlier dates. Why buy someone else’s decorating ideas when you can incorporate your own style preferences in a new home?
- Technology and Design: Retrofitting an older home can be costly and time consuming. Wiring, appliances, shingles, furnaces, and windows are just some of the features that have improved greatly over time. Buy new and get the most current technology and design. Many of these costs are hidden until it comes time for retrofitting.
- Money Saving: New homes are at AHFC’s five star energy rating. This makes them more energy efficient than those built just five to ten years ago. With most Anchorage homes over 30 years old, these energy efficiency savings are a significant financial benefit to new home buyers.
- Selection: Builders offer a variety of floor plans and homesite options, which makes it easy for you to find the home and neighborhood of your dreams.